Monday, October 24, 2005

Response to Tyler's Week 4 Links and Discussion

I really liked the Putting it All Together pdf page. It encapsulated everything I was beginning to research two weeks ago and some. Just seeing that someone took the time to research the disease and how it affects other aspects of life was just outstanding and completely overwhelming. With this in mind and seeing how many of the MGDs are interrelated, to what extent would you want to exhort churches to adopt "just one of the MGDs" to focus their energies?

I suppose your links to World Vision Hope Initiative page with special emphasis on the Pastor's speaking points pdf as well as the Micah's Challenges prayer points pdf is a good place to start answering that question. This may be overemphasizing my point, but given the situation, the pulpit and prayer may not be enough given the incredible resources God has given the American church. I guess I'm asking what adopting an MGD would look like for a church.

For that I appreciate your link to the UN Millennium project outlining some ways to get involved. But I wish there were more that we could do as a body of faith. Perhaps I'm overreaching. Perhaps I'm just overwhelmed by the dispair. Perhaps I'm just too idealistic. But I can't help but wonder if there is more we can do.

Then again, it is only week 4/5. I'm sure as we talk, find more resources, and compile our wiki, we'll make more progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home